Friday, December 9, 2011

Irresistible -- Cinnamon Roll 肉桂面包卷

My sweet friend, Quin Quin (Yes, pronouns as "Queen" indeed) wrote me the other day, "Zoe I miss u. I tried to read your blog but it wasn't in English LOL." I then told her that I haven't polished this language for awhile and it will take me forever to write an article in English. The sad thing is, it even takes me longer than usual time to write in Chinese. I used to master this language fairly well. The beautiful words and great sentences used to come to me naturally. However, I can only use very simple sentences to describe what I have to say nowadays. How can I tell people I was a journalist and my bachelor degree was in Mass Communication? Shame me!


Interesting enough, when I decided to update my blog today (Finally, after a long enough break!) my computer doesn't allow me to type in Chinese. Even now it is fixed by my dearest Minh Ko Ko, I still decided to write in English, might it be for God's will or what other reasons. I would like to specially dedicate this article to my sweet dear friend -- Quintetta! 


I am going to challenge myself to write the recipe in English! Yea, what a move!


I tried this Cinnamon Roll recipe from Mao Mao Mom a few days ago but it turned out not that good. That was because I substitute the MILK in the recipe to whipping cream. The reason I did that was just to finish the whipping cream that stay in my fridge for quite some times. The bread turned out to be like... Danish! Just not good danish, LOL! I would like to thank my family to finish them up, even though I considered my baking failed. 


Two days ago, I tried this recipe again without changing anything in the recipe. For some reason, the process of making this cinnamon rolls seem to be not so smooth. I think I accidentally pressed the wrong button and chose the different program to make the dough. As a result, I overly knead the dough. I was thinking of throwing away but, what a waste! I then turned the over-did dough into something great! Let me continue the story next time ^_<


If you are a cinnamon lover, this is something you should give it a try. Thanks to Mao Mao Mom, I always love her recipes. My friends and family that tried this just love it!






(Recipe modified from Mao Mao Mom

Ingredients:


Dough


A
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons sugar
1.5 tablespoons milk powder 
1 3/4 cups Bread Flour *
1 teaspoon Fast Rising Yeast

B
3 tablespoons butter (room temperature)


Cinnamon Filling


3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
(mix them together, set aside)


Sugar topping

1 cup sugar powder
1.5 tablespoons milk
1/3 teaspoon lemon extract**
(mix them together, set aside)


Note: 
*The original recipe is using all-purpose flour and 1.5 tablespoons wheat gluten. I prefer bread flour since that's what I have at home.


**I didn't use lemon extract but substitute with almost 1 teaspoon fresh squeeze lemon juice.


Directions:


1. Add in all the ingredients in A in the bread machine, following the order (toss in all the liquid, then following by the non-liquid).

2. Select the Dough cycle, press start. Right after everything mix together as wet dough, add in the butter listed in ingredient B.

3. The process of kneading normally will take at least 10-20minutes, depend on your machine. (Mine took more than 30minutes) Then let the dough rise for about an hour to twice the size of the original dough.

4. Roll out dough into a 25cm x 16cm (Well, approximately. I didn't use ruler to measure it anyway :P) rectangle. Spread the Cinnamon Filling mixture. You can sprinkle with raisins if desired.


5. Roll up dough and then cut into 15 equal size rolls and place cut side up into baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 60-90minutes. (During winter season will take longer time.) 

6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (170 degrees C). 


7. Bake in the preheated oven for 20minutes, or until browned. You can either serve warm or wait it they cold a little, then sprinkle the sugar top.




Yummy!

They are really irresistible :)


Happy baking all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...