Friday, April 23, 2010

Flowers for Me

While my mind is still remaining on early April, May is approaching. Today is Friday again and it's also the beginning of my school Spring break. I do not consider it as my Spring break because I will have to work more and need to start my Clinical Case Report (the "FINAL FINAL" that I mentioned in my earlier post). However, I would like to give myself a permission to take a "tiny-little-small-break" before I get up and run again.

April of 2010 was really an unrested month so far. I was both physically and mentally drained by continuous things happened so far. There is a Chinese saying, "The moon is not always round". Good things would not always happen, so do the bads.

Today is consider my good day. After harboring my final paper "On Gold Pond" for 3 days and 3 nights, I got the full credits for this paper today with a big word "Excellent work!" from my professor. I feel glad because my effort does pay off ^_^

On my way back home from work, I was thinking of want to have a relaxing Friday evening by just stay home and unwind. Then I thought of having some wine. Once I stepped into the supermarket, bouquets of flowers that they put on the entrance captured my attention immediately and the price was reasonable. I stopped for a few minutes and I walked inside, without taking any of them. However, my mind has been continuously thinking of their beautiful appearance.

Well, who said I can't get some flowers for myself? If I have to come up with a reason, how about getting full credit for my final paper? Sounds like a valid reason huh! Yea, I like this reason.

I remember a few weeks ago, I asked my co-worker what should I bought for my friend's father, when he was still in the hospital. My colleague said, flowers, to cheer him up. I am not sure whether those flowers had cheered him up. Nevertheless, these red daisies have definitely brought me joyful feelings and smile on my face.


A dear friend of mine told me lately, "Happiness can be really easy". Hey, I agree! Getting myself some flowers has cheered myself up.

Since we talk about happiness here, it reminds me of the conversations I have with some of my guy friends, "I broke up with my girl friend because I don't feel happy. What for to stay in a relationship if I am not happy."

Wow, who the heck told these guys "relationship guarantees happiness every single day"? It is obviously irrational to think that we will feel happy everyday after in a relationship. In addition, I realize there are so many people (including my ex bf) assume happy relationship should never have argument or disagreement. How could we expect there will be no conflict in any relationship? We accept the fact that the moon on the sky cannot always stay round, we accept the weather will change from warm to cold, we accept the sun will not always shining, and yet we expect to stay sweet with our partner everyday. How could that be?

I then learned the precious thing about a relationship is not the good time a couple spent together, but how they get through the tough time. The tough time I mean here, is how the couple handles the conflict between them. When my partner got discourage easily everytime after conflict occur, and said "we're over" so easily, I wonder how can I continue my journey with him for the rest of my life. What concerns me now however, is how is he going to find a partner to be with him for the rest of his life if he expect no conflict in relationship? Besides feeling worry for him, I would like to wish him all the best and really able to accept and get somebody to be with him and love him for the rest of his life.


As for now, I am going to enjoy my night with the beautiful daisies and the wine from Napa Valley. This wine is from Robert Mondavi winery, which I just visited on January. That is the reason I got this wine. Next time, I am going to get the 2006 instead of 2008. It has been awhile since I have red wine. I have been sticking to white for awhile. Tonight, I am just going to taste the red cabernet again, taste the good smell all the way from Napa!

Cheers for the good grade! Cheers for the new good month to come! Cheers for Friday!

2 comments:

~~Dreams Come True~~ said...

Wow!!! Wine from Napa Valley, i heard that from shows. Must have tasted so good! Cheers for your good grades! And for more good grades to come :)

Zoe said...

Thanks dear! Yes, it was ok. I was wanting to take the 2006 instead of 2008, but it's a little pricey. I am lucky in here then I can taste good wine with good price. I had wine in Malaysia and we need to pay at least RM60 to get a OK wine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...