Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Ring

I have a ring. I am wearing it since a month before I am here is US. I am so get use to the ring on my pointer. It is not an expensive ring. (In fact, it is really cheap) I purposely bought this silver ring from Tesco at Melaka before I come here.

As you know or maybe not, I am having my vacation with my host family now, here in Carribean. I am now sitting in a very nice guess room (living room) and typing this blog. The house that we are living now is like a paradise. You will surely love it. This big house with five rooms and a long pool is located at the top of a mountain in St. John island. St. John island is one of the virgin islands which belongs to US. You can view the other islands and the beaches through every single window and door of this house. I will upload the photos that I've taken when I am back. Ya, it is my dream house and it is really a paradise!

Erm.. Back to the topic, the ring. I was at one of the world most beautiful beach this afternoon. I was sitting at the beach and let the wave come and go to wash me away. The ring is always loose. Although the wave is not strong at all, but it is much stronger than the wave I have ever seen in Malaysia. The ring fell off from my pointer. I thought I will surely lose it but I did not. I simply grab a handful sand and the ring was just right inside my palm. This is the 1st time it lost and found.

At the evening, I was helping the family to prepare dinner. I was making salad. Whenever I took the napkin to throw into garbage, I realised I lost my ring AGAIN! I knew it was in the rubbish bin as it might fell off when I threw the napkin. I talked to myself about the ring and my host parents heard that. They feel sorry about it and asked me try to find it inside the dustbin. I simply grabbed few things and tried to see whether I could see my ring. Then, my host dad came and squat down and helped me to find the ring. You surely know how the rubbish look like and smell like especially the dustbin in the kitchen. Ya, so gross!! However, the way he found the ring just like he was finding a very important thing of his. I could not stand with the smell and the disgust of the rubbish after few seconds and I kept telling him to give up. In fact, this ring isn't expensive at all and it is not given by anybody so it doesn't really "unloseable". He was so insist and said, "It must be inside. Let me get a new garbage plastic and remove all the rubbish one by one to the new plastic bag then sure we could find it."

I was so touch and so embarassed!! Since he did not want to give up, how can I? Therefore we kept finding. After we moved all the rubbish from one plastic bag to another, we still could not find the ring. We could do nothing but give up. I feel so embarass and so thankful to him. He is the most, ever, the best host dad that I have ever met in my life!! Oh my god!! I feel so bless to have him as my host dad. (even my own dad won't do all these things to me, hehe! Sorry, dada!) From the beginning when I just joined this family until now, he keep on make me feel so touch and so warm... I will never forget the "first cup of snow in my life". the valentine chocolate and today, the ring. I love you, Duke!! (Hey, is the daughter to father kind of love. So don't think too much!) You guys should see the way he treat my host mom and the kids. You will never believe there is such a wonderful husband and daddy in this world!

Then both of us washed our hands and continued to help my host mom with the dinner. We had our dinner outside the house, at a corner which near the pool with candles on. We have two families live under the same roof in this vacation. They are my host parents' friends. After I had done with my dinner, James, the father of the other family suddenly touched my shoulder and showed me his fingers. I was stunned for about 5 seconds and did not know what was he trying to show me. Then I found there is something really familiar. I looked closer to one of his fingers ( I forgot which finger) and .... THE RING!! It was my ring! Guess what, it was in the salad!! Oh my god! hahahaha...

Everybody just laughed and again, I was so embarassed! I said thank you to James and my host dad. Of course, Duke is still the one whom I really feel so thankful to.

That's the end of my story about the ring. I was enjoying my vacation now. It is really relaxing. It would be a lot better if the girl stops making troubles. Anyway, I know is impossible. There are six days left before the vacation ends. I treasure my time here and try to enjoy myself as much as possible. As I promise, I will upload my photos once I back to New Jersey cause I do not have any devices now. Hope all my friends are doing good.

5 comments:

season said...

good loh. u untung loh. host dad so damn good. hmmm.. lucky lah. u are alway lucky one.. enjoy ur vacation. see you real soon. ciao. :p mauks must BUY something HOH!!!or else u jialat.

Zoe said...

hahahha... i like u use the word "jia lat". copy my word, copy right infringement hoh! :P wil la wil la, will ask cash from host parents 1st la! my purse really empty now.. gotta ask from them! haha! aiyo, erm.. you are lucky oso ma, just your lucky are used in "different place" ... wahahahah.... :P ok, really hope to see you soon. very uneasy for not to listen to you all these days.. take care ya!

Kaya said...

wah...Poor thing! I wonder why your host parents and thier friends never ran into the toilet. God bless them! hee hee...Do u ever heard about the ROTI PRATA incident? It was a bout a ring too! hahahaaa.....

Zoe said...

Roti Prata? no leh.. tel me la! wat is that? erm.. others actually run away, except my host dad. aiya, he is super duper good guy la! duno where to find another for myself leh.. hihi! i told chia, if you ever have the chance to find this kind of guy, die die oso must marry him! haha!

Kaya said...

huh....u dont know?! I thought this is very popular among the students. Anyway, let me tell the story. There was a roti prata maker used to wear a ring too. One day, a customer complained that there was some shxt in the roti prata. This is because the maker used to wash his buttock after finished his "big thing". And he never washed his hand after that. Thats why there was some shxt o the ring lol....hahahahaha.....yucks.....again....god bless ur host family...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...